The StartUp Cup is Bader’s flagship business model competition, currently in its second edition. The competition is open to ideas and early stage startups, with over 100,000,000 LBP worth of cash and in-kind prizes to the top 3 winners.
Entrepreneurs who compete in the 2014 StartUp Cup are rewarded for turning their idea into a viable business model, going to market quickly, testing assumptions, and modifying their business model as they learn what drives customers and revenue.
Applications for the Cup are now open for general submission. Deadline is April 30. See below page for more information.Apply here
What is the StartUp Cup?
Taking place in over 60 countries globally, StartUp Cup is a startup competition that aims to educates entrepreneurs on how to design a viable business model, develop customers, and accelerate their startup into the marketplace through a comprehensive judging, coaching, and mentoring process.
StartUp Cup is part of Global Entrepreneurship Week, the world’s largest series of events and activities related to entrepreneurship and innovation.
What is Bader’s role in the Cup?
Bader is the national organizer of StartUp Cup in Lebanon, and emphasizes providing ongoing mentorship and milestones for an extended period of time (total is 6 months). During that time, milestones and deliverables are set, with successive elimination rounds, and with applicants receiving guidance and mentorship along the way to help grow their skills and better understand their business.
How was the 2013 edition?
Bader’s 2013 Startup Cup was a great success:
- 100+ applications received
- 12 semi-finalists selected, each getting a dedicated mentor and direct Bader oversight for 4 months.
- Cash and in kind prizes of over LBP 100M were awarded
- 3 winners were announced at one of Lebanon’s largest networking event, Networking961
- 1st place winner, serVme , made it to final 7 in the global startup Cup competition
Who can participate in the Cup?
- If you’re Lebanese, living in Lebanon, you can apply, regardless of where your startup’s market is.
- If you’re Lebanese living out of Lebanon, but you target market is Lebanon and the MENA/Arab World region, you can apply as well.
- Partial teams of Lebanese and non-Lebanese can apply, according to the above criteria
What type of startups and ideas are accepted?
If you have a startup idea, a working prototype or a newly released product (less than a year old), you qualify to apply. In other words, we accept seed and early stage startups, in any sector (not just technology).
What are the prizes?
What are the prizes?
The 3 winning teams will share over LBP 100M in prizes, including:
- Cash prizes
- 6 months of incubation at Coworking+961
- $20,000 worth of online advertisement offered by Naharnet
- Amideast – Lebanon offers 50% and 33% scholarships for the winning teams to attend the Start/Grow My Business Workshop.
– A 1-year membership to Kompass Lebanon worth of $6,000, the leading business-to-business database, as well as a premium listing of the candidate’s company on Kompass to each of the three finalists. The holding also offers preferred fees with Masri Etudes et Expertises (part of Masri Holding) on market surveys, feasibility studies and valuations and preferred fees on Kompass worldwide memberships and advertising packages.
Are there any fees to participate?
No fees are required. No equity from the startups is taken.
Hurry and apply now to benefit from 6 months of business building coaching and mentorship!
For any additional questions, please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org